How can I get involved?
There are 3 easy steps:
- GIVE: Identify a person, or group of people and present them with an Easter egg, or a gift of your choosing.
- INVITE: Plan an event, big or small, to invite the recipients to.
- SHARE: Don’t keep it to yourself! Record the experience, from the giving of the gift to the event itself, and share through ShareTheMiracle’s social media sites.
Some schools may already have a relationship with a community group such as a care home or a hospital. ShareTheMiracle provides an opportunity to build on these relationships or to start something new (your local council or voluntary group are good resources for ideas if you get stuck). Allowing the children to collaborate and decide who to focus on is a great way to get them engaged early on.
The collection and delivery of Easter Eggs to the chosen recipients is an opportunity in itself for children to get involved. Asking each child to buy an Easter Egg and write in an invitation card can make the experience of giving especially personal for them. Why not consider running a ShareTheMiracle Station. You may also decide to arrange for the children to give them to the recipients in person.
The invitation provides an opportunity to be creative! Perhaps you want to tie it in to a school play, a school fete, a quiz night or even just a visit to the school.
Case Study: Richmond Park Academy School
Ten students from years 7-10 (age 11-14 years) ran sharethemiracle at the school (Year 10 kids included the gifted and talented media group). The group was mixed (male and female) and was made up of volunteers. The students ran two separate sharethemiracle events:
1. Students created Easter nests and knocked on the doors of those in the local community with an adult present. People were given an invitation card and invited to look round the school
2. Students went up to the city of London for a RAOK (random act of kindness day). The school obtained a license from the local council and gave eggs to city workers with an invitation to be interviewed on camera!
The Chocolate Eggs were sponsored by a business in London.
Click HERE and follow the 5 simple steps